viernes, 25 de agosto de 2017

Reading... a pleasurable obligation

   If I have to tell you my own experience, I must confess that turning an obligation into pleasure, as regards reading books, depends on the reader. Ten years ago, I used to read whatever I wanted... Although it was not usual, if I got bored, I left the book aside a  changed it for any other.

  But things changed completely when I started the trainee college... I was not interested in most of the readings I had to read... They were compulsory, there was a limited time to read them... I had to understand its plot, I had to be able to analyse it... to reflect on the story itself, according to the writer, to the times in which it was written.
   I passed most of the time complaining and missing those times in which I sat in the playground to read for pleasure and decided that I had to recover the feeling of getting immersed in the story. That story which I did not want to finish, that character who I considered my friend or an enemy... Those places which I could see and where I could smell the same as the character could.
   I turned that pile of books into an opportunity... Even when I could not choose them or give up reading whenever I decided, I changed my mind towards them. Considering that   I had to read during the whole year, I bought a new armchair and a nice lamp to accompany the decision. These are special for literature... not to study!! Because I don't need to take off my shoes when I study!!!

5 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you that when the reading is compulsory and with a deadline, you forget to enjoy it. I'm glad to see that you're having pleasure again. Nice armchair!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you. The same happens to me. At the beginning it was an obligation. But then,yYou start to love reading!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Good attitude!! And I think it is a wise decision to pamper yourself to make things more pleasurable!!

    ResponderEliminar